Kelp Meal contains over 60 trace minerals, along with important growth hormones, cytokinins, auxins, and gliberillins. It also contains amino acids, enzymes and simple and complex carbohydrates. Our seaweed is “naturally sun dried” to preserve all the nutrients.
To keep it simple, the ocean is the most natural nutrient rich part of the earth. All nutrients work their way back into the ocean. Seaweed acts like a sponge and absorbs all these micronutrients. Because of these micronutrients, seaweed is considered one of the best fertilizers for plants. The macronutrients cannot be absorbed without the micronutrients!
- Contains over 60 trace elements utilized by your plants
- Plants develop more extensive root systems
- Greater resistance to nematodes, disease and pests
- Improves seed germination
- Stimulates soil bacteria
- Increases plants stem strength
- Helps plants deal with stresses of drought, high temperatures, and frost
- Increase nutritional value of fruits and vegetables
- Increases shelf life
- Encourages better aerification of soil
- Improves moisture retention
- Helps normalize soil PH
- Improves soil structure
Kelp Meal should be applied in early spring and fall, when soil can be worked. Mix thoroughly into soil before transplanting or top dress existing plants.
- Flowers, vegetables and shrubs: 1 lbs. per 100 sqft.
- Houseplants: 1 Tbsp. mixed into soil per 6" pot
- Bulbs: 1 Tbsp. mixed into soil per bulb.
- Trees: 1/2 lb per inch of tree in drip line
- Lawns/Turfs: 10 lbs. per 1000 sqft.
- Compost: 1/2 cup per cubic foot.
- Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum)
Also available in 1000 and 2000 bulk bags. Please call (207) 929-8678 to order.