Our Maine seaweeds are Vegan certified and sustainably harvested from the cold North Atlantic Ocean.
Seaweeds provide us with vitamins and minerals that stimulate metabolism and purify us inside. There are several studies showing that in areas where more seaweed is consumed, people are living longer and are healthier. And no wonder, considering that the seaweed nutrition facts can be up to 20x greater than that of any other land vegetable.
They are absolutely remineralizantes, which directly affect bone health and general biochemical function of the body.
- Seaweeds stimulate the functioning of the thyroid gland, and therefore your metabolism.
- They are very alkalizing, which helps offset the acidosis caused by the excess in the consumption of meat or processed food.
- They are extremely cleansing and anti-viral**. Cleansing the blood, stimulates the function of the kidneys and liver, eliminates toxins, and reduce the absorption of heavy metals.
- Seaweed regulates blood pressure.
- Maintain skin, hair, and nails in a very healthy state. (Please see our ‘Sea Gel’ product)
All species of seaweeds in general are extremely rich in iron and calcium. They also contain significant amounts of magnesium, potassium, vitamins A, C, and the important B’s. But perhaps the most important mineral is Iodine, necessary for thyroid function. The highest level is in our Brown seaweeds (Wakame, Kombu, and Digitata).
**In a test of antiviral effectiveness, extract from edible seaweeds substantially outperformed Remdesivir, the standard antiviral used to combat the disease. The seaweed extract was about nine times more effective than the drug. The research was published in Cell Discovery on July 24, 2020.